Wednesday, April 19, 2006

My Messy Merienda

I just made myself a huge, messy sandwich. No pictures, 'coz it really ain't pretty.

2 thick slabs of lightly toasted 5-grain loaf (alas, no butter! and croissant or ciabatta tastes heaps better than healthy, brown 5-grain)
a mixture of diced shrimps sauteed with Knorr seasoning, shredded crabstick, light mayonnaise, salt and pepper, a squeeze of fresh lemon juice
some baby spinach and crunchy cucumber

Cooked baby shrimps, crabmeat (in the black can, available at Great but expensive) and dill was the real shrimp louie sandwich I was hoping for, a thick mound of which would have sat regally on half a ciabatta toasted with butter, salt and chopped fresh herbs, while globs of basil mayo would fight for supremacy on every square inch of bread. Yum!

Anyway, I just gobbled up the last irregularly shaped mass of bread and filling on my plate. Burp.

1 comment:

PV Beley said...

ha ha ha. You can actually start a regular column about home cooking. Your writing style is both funny and educational.