Thursday, October 19, 2006

An Indian Buffet

A dark, sinister craving for Indian food hits my hubby every few weeks or so. We have yet to try Veda, Tandoor and Gunga Din, all around the Soho and Lan Kwai Fong area, all highly recommended by Indians. Personally I'd like to try Chungking Mansions in Tsim Sha Tsui. We've feasted on the yummiest chicken tikka at Bombay Dreams. But our favorite is Jashan, located in Hollywood Road. Their lunch buffet costs HKD 98.00, including one drink.

Hubby always gets loads of butter chicken (chicken makhani) with pullao rice and after stuffing himself twice, he'll try the other dishes. I always try a salad, some vegetable samosa with raita, then enjoy my small servings of lamb vindaloo (fiery hot) or lamb rogan josh, tandoori chicken, fish tikka, lentil dahl, various curried vegetables (usually cauliflower, potatoes or spinach) and curried cheese cubes (paneer). All these are washed down with ice-cold sweetish tea. I have a fruit slice for dessert and we're done!

1 comment:

PV Beley said...

Arrggghhh! I get so hungry everytime I read your blog entry. But I can't help looking forward to reading your gastronomic adventures.