Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Too many herbs=Grilled porkchops

Inspired (again!) by Marketman's posts on the thin porkchops he had in Greece, and wanting to deal with the surfeit of fresh herbs in my fridge (I tried using the word "ref" here in HK, but no one understood) begging to be used, I brought out my weapon of choice, my trusty mallet, and pounded away.

Here are pictures of the chops rubbed with dried oregano, fresh thyme and rosemary, drizzled with olive oil and lemon juice, with a touch of salt and pepper. I don't have an outdoor grill and had to make do with my grill pan, so I sorely missed the char marks and burnt, crisp sides, but it tasted good! So good I forgot to take pictures of the finished product.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi!
The scorch marks look so attractive, and are concentrations of flavour. On rainy days, I use a cast iron grill platter (Le Creuset make one)which you can put on any stove and is extremely useful for chargrilling vegetables as well. Otherwise, there are cast iron frying pans with a corrugated base, which provide the same effect, and are lessw messy for the stove splash board.